Date: July 2017
Review due: July 2018
The name and address of the registered provider is:
Brampton Health Centre, 5 Brampton Road, NW9 9BY
Registered manager: Dr Sadik Merali
Brampton Health Centre is a partnership.
Dr Sadik Merali (male)
MBBS UCL (London ) 2004; MRCGP 2008. Partner/Caldicott Guardian. Joined the practice in 2013.
Dr Zara Hakim (female)
MD Damascus, Syria 1991. Joined the practice in 2014. Infection control lead/safeguarding lead.
Dr Asif Dahya (male)
MBBS Kings College 2008. Joined the practice in 2013.
Dr A Al-Ughaili (male)
Bilquis Take (female) Practice Nurse
Sameera Merali (female)
HCA, joined the practice in 2014
Galina Dimitrova Phlebotomist
Brampton Health Centre is a well-established GP Surgery serving the Kingsbury area. We are part of the Kingsbury and Willesden CCG.
The regulated activities under CQC are:
- Diagnostic and screening procedures
- Family planning
- Maternity and midwifery services
- Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (The Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 Part 4), the registering body (Brampton Health Centre) is required to provide to the Care Quality Commission a statement of purpose.
Our Aims and Objectives for delivering each of the above regulated activities:
- We aim to ensure high quality, safe and effective services and environment
- To provide monitored, audited and continually improving healthcare services
- To provide healthcare which is available to a whole population and create a partnership between patient and health profession which ensures mutual respect, holistic care and continuous learning and training.
- The provision of accessible healthcare which is proactive to healthcare changes, efficiency and innovation and development.
- To improve Clinical Governance and Evidence Based Practice
- To improve Clinical and Non-clinical risk management
- To reduce risk in specific clinical risk areas and facilities
- To improve environment
- To improve vigilance for unforeseen emergencies
- To optimise performance against key targets and core standards
- To meet key targets
- To become a patient centred organisation
- To safeguard both children and vulnerable adults, by ensuring that all staff receive appropriate training
- To improve services offered to patients
- To improve communication between the surgery and the patients
- To recruit, retain and develop a highly motivated and appropriately skilled workforce
- To enhance performance of the workforce
- To guide the employees in accordance with the Equalities Scheme
- To continue the development of the Practice
- To ensure effective management and governance systems
- To ensure a robust Information Technology strategy to support the business of Brampton Health Centre
The services provided by Brampton Health Centre
- Routine medical checks and general medical services
NHS relevant prescriptions and medications or a private prescription can be issued.
- Immunisations: Childhood immunisations / Foreign travel immunisations
- Health Protection / Preventative immunisations e.g. Influenza immunisations
- Lifestyle management / weight loss / exercise and smoking cessation advice - for patients who want to lose weight and maintain a healthier lifestyle.
- Employee medicals – Our GP’s are able to carry out medical reports and review.
- Respiratory clinic – Brampton Health Centre has facilities for spirometry / lung function testing.
- Diabetic clinic – Our diabetics are able to see Doctors and our Nurse Practitioner.
- Family planning clinic – Depo Provero injections and oral contraception available
- Phlebotomy – Brampton Health Centre provides phlebotomy clinic on Wednesday mornings
- Minor surgery – Dr Merali and Dr Hakim provide joint injections.
- Ear syringing - Brampton Health Centre has facilities for ear syringing.
- Well person checks – These can be carried out with any HCA.
- Wound dressings – Our practice nurses are trained in all aspects of wound care
- ECG monitoring - We offer ECG Screening, as we have an ECG machine in the practice
- 24 Hr BP Monitoring – We have a 24 hr ambulatory BP monitor and software
- Cervical screening - Our practices nurse is qualified to carry out cervical screening and tests in the form of cervical smears.
Our practice ethos is to strive towards a partnership between patients and health professionals based on the following:
We endeavour to treat all our patients with dignity, respect and honesty. Everyone at Brampton Health Centre is committed to deliver an excellent service. We encourage patients to highlight any discrepancies and to offer the same commitment in return.
We treat patients and illnesses. This means that we are equally interested in the physical, psychological and social aspects of your individual care.
Continuity of Care
Building and maintaining a strong relationship between doctors, health professionals, and patients is essential to the way we work. This is especially so in the management of ongoing problems or long-term illness. In these circumstances we would encourage you to continue seeing the same health professional and wherever possible we will facilitate this through our appointments system. However, if you have a new problem, the doctor or nurse that you normally see is not available, or you would like to see someone else then we would encourage you to see any of the doctors or nurses at the practice.
Learning and Training
We have plans to become a training practice and are committed to the training of our doctors and nurses all of whom are closely supervised. We believe in “life-long learning” and all the health professionals here and administrative staff, undergo an annual appraisal where the goals of the individual, teams and practice are discussed and agreement reached on the way forward. Regular reviews act as a way of reinforcing effective performance, highlight areas for improvement and recognise developing strengths.
We also recognise the benefit of supported learning for our patients and families in enhancing your ability to manage and deal with both ‘self-limiting’ and long-term illnesses.